William Syvin Biography: Who is William Syvin? Here You Can Learn more about William Sayvin
William Syvin is the ex-husband of Leslie Van Houten, they were both famous members of the Manson Family Cult.
Syvin got married to Leslie in the year 1982 after they came across each other in prison. However, their marriage didn’t last long as Syvin was accused of planning to help Leslie break out of jail after his release from prison.
The Mason family led by Charles Manson gained public attention due to a series of brutal murders they carried out in the late 90s.
However, both Leslie and William became entangled in this cult and both played roles in the killings of innocent people which led both to their jail terms.
Here in this post, we will talk more about the life of William Syvin.
William Syvins Early Life
There is not much information available about Syvin’s early life, career, or education. What we know is that he was born in the U.S. Syvin is believed to be in the range of 75-80 years old as of 2023.
His birth date was assumed to be around (1943-1948), and his profession was not made known to the general public at the time of this writing.
William Syvin Net Worth 2023
Till now, little is known about William Syvin’s net worth. He has decided to keep it away from the spotlight.
William Syvin Height, Weight
William Syvin’s height was assumed to be 6 feet tall, while his weight was not known to the general public.
Syvin’s ex-lover Leslie Van Houten’s
- Leslie Van Houten was born on August 23, 1949, in Altadena, California.
- She was convicted for her affiliate with The Mason Family groups in 1972 which caused many to lose their life.
- She was released on July 11, 2023.
- She was granted parole supervision. It marks the end of more than five decades-long confinement.
- Leslie Van Houten got married only once in her life to William Syvin, a former inmate and Mason’s Family affiliate.
- They got married on the 23rd of August, 1982. The marriage took place lowkey at the prison yard, afterward, they were permitted to see and communicate with each other afterward.
- Although they were allowed to visit each other even after Syvin was released, their marriage was only two months old when they parted ways on the 26th of October, 1982.
- The reason for this breaking up was not made known to the general public, but it was suspected to be related to Syvin’s prison escape plan for his wife Leslie
- Leslie later claims not to be aware of the escape plan made by Syvin and cuts off every connection she has with William Syvin.
Some additional facts about William Syvin:
- William Syvin is an American native born around 1943-1948.
- He is best referred to as the ex-husband of Leslie Van Houten, an American ex-convict and former fellow member of the Popular Mason Family.
- He was a fellow convict with Leslie Van Houten when he was charged with a murder case of Actress Sharon Tate, which happened a day before the LaBianca murders.
- He was allowed to correspond with his ex-lover Leslie back in 1981 in prison, and it continued even after he was released from prison.
- He was allegedly involved in trying to break out his ex-lover Leslie when she was in prison before police intercepted his plan.
- Since then, no information has been gathered about Syvin’s profession after his break up with Syvin.
Although Syvin’s relationship with his ex-wife Leslie and their alliance with the Mason Family makes the situation more interesting. However, nowadays, William Syvin is believed to be living on a low, without getting involved with the media. It makes it harder to gather information about the situation.